Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Guess the Blessed Event

Your only hint: a cryptic, rambling e-mail from Maryanne Smith....

"Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God---what a Christmas present---I am so happy for her---my only comment was 'you told the brother before you told the mother'---hee, hee---Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God---I just know Grandpa had something to do with this---I know he is on one side of the Big Man up there and the Polish pope is on the other---and the two of them are speaking Polish and telling Him what to do---So, Uncle Mark the Second---Oh my God, Oh my God!!! I cried for an hour---she wanted this more than anything else in life---I love the both of you so much---Mom"

It's like one of those puzzles from a fourth grade magazine: all the clues are there, you just have to put them all together.

If you guessed "Maryanne is a cuckoo bird who thinks her late father and Pope John Paul II are sitting on either side of God, ordering Him around in Polish and annoying Him to the point where He finally allows my sister to get pregnant despite the fact that the pregnancy was done through IVF because my sister is infertile. Good thing God loves science!" then you're right.


No comments: